ICWIP4 was held in Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa on April 5-8, 2011. We will be posting videos of the plenary talks, interviews, workshops as they are available.
Please click on the dates below to view the videos!
- Welcome and Opening Remarks by Prof. Patricia Whitelock
- Welcoming Address by the Executive Mayor of Stellenbosch, Alderman Cyril Jooste
- Speech by IUPAP Working Group, Prof. Silvina Ponce-Dawson (Argentina)
- Speech by ICSU-ROA, Dr. Edit Madela-Mntla
- Presentation by Alfred P. Sloan Foundation: Dame Jocelyn Bell-Burnell, Prof. Beverly Hartline, Dr. Ted Hodapp
- Opening Address by Minister of the Department of Science and Technology, Ms. Naledi Pandor
- Toast for Success of ICWIP 2011 by WiPiSA Chair, Dr. Mmantsae Diale
- The National Anthem of South Africa performed by the Local Organizing Committee
- 4th IUPAP International Conference on Women in Physics Photograph
- Conference Opening, Prof. Silvina Ponce-Dawson and Igle Gledhill (LOC Chair)
- Plenary 1: How Physics is Involved in Ancient Chinese Chime Bells, Yan Lai Yan (Beijing, China)
- Plenary 2: Pulsars and Extreme Physics, Jocelyn Bell-Burnell (United Kingdom)
- Plenary 3: The Use of Lasers and Phthalocyanines in Cancer Therapy, Tebello Nyokong (South Africa)
- Plenary 4: The Global Survey of Physicists: A Collaborative Effort Illuminates the Situation of Women in Physics, Rachel Ivie (United States)
- Plenary 5: Space Weather Phenomena in the Equatorial Ionosphere, Archana Bhattacharyya (India)
To access Emma Ideal's How-To Guide on how to create and organize a CUWP (Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics) from ICWIP's Professional Development workshop, please click below (please ignore the blank second page!):
CUWP How-To Guide
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Emma Ideal.