Can I apply as a transfer student?

The Graduate School does not award transfer credit for graduate work completed before matriculation at Yale. You would need to apply as an incoming first year student and be in the regular applicant pool. However, the Director of Graduate Studies in Physics can, with the approval of the Graduate School Dean, waive a portion of the Ph.D. course requirements in recognition of previous graduate level work done elsewhere in a graduate level program.