February 27, 2012
The Yale undergraduate student to submit the most elegant (as determined by the judges) and correct solution to the following problem will win an official Yale Physics Department mug with their initials sandblasted onto it.
Submit answers on paper to Sarah Compton in the business office or via email to: email@example.com
The winner will be announced at the end of the month and the solutions posted in the bulletin board near the undergraduate labs in Sloane.
- December 2011/January 2012 Challenge Winner! | Henry Wilkin and Jerry Wang
- November 2011 Challenge No Winner! | Solution Set
- September 2011 Challenge Winner! | Math and Physics Majors of Davenport C21
- April 2011 Challenge Winner! Ashvin Srivatsa (MC 14)
- March 2011 Challenge Winner! Pearson Miller (PC ‘14)
A printable version of this problem can be obtained by requesting it by email from the above address.
P.S. You may work on it together, but only one mug will be awarded. Entries from outside Yale will not be considered.