Statistical mechanics of nonequilibrium systems such as glasses and granular materials; elasticity theories for soft materials, e.g. liquid crystals and biological materials; structural, mechanical, and dynamical properties of proteins including folding, unfolding, and aggregation.
5 recent publications:
- A. Q. Zhou, C. S. O’Hern, and L. Regan, “Revisiting the Ramachandran plot from a new angle,” Protein Science 20 (2011) 1166.
- C. F. Schreck, T. Bertrand, C. S. O’Hern, and M. D. Shattuck, “Repulsive contact interactions make jammed particulate systems inherently nonharmonic,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 107 (2011) 078301.
- R. S. Hoy and C. S. O’Hern, “Minimal energy packings and collapse of sticky tangent hard-sphere polymers,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 105 (2010) 068001.
- G. Lois, J. Blawzdziewicz, and C. S. O’Hern, “Protein folding on rugged energy landscapes: Conformational diffusion on fractal networks,” Phys. Rev. E 81 (2010) 051907.
- M. Mailman, C. Schreck, C. S. O’Hern, and B. Chakraborty, “Jamming in Systems Composed of Ellipse-Shaped Particles”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 102 (2009) 255501.