ATLAS, Axions, Hidden Sector Photons, Yale Microwave Cavity Experiment (YMCE)
Professor Baker’s research is in experimental particle physics: The energy frontier at the Large Hadron Collider in the ATLAS collaboration and precision studies at sub-eV energies. Current topics include quantum information science in HEP, electroweak symmetry breaking, and beyond the standard model physics searches.
Experimental particle physics research in the ATLAS collaboration at the LHC.
Built the detectors and carried out ML analysis in the Higgs boson discovery.
Originated ATLAS analysis search for Dark Sector (BSM) phenomena in exotic decays of the Higgs boson to four leptons.
Co-pioneered LHC research Quantum Information Science (quantum entanglement, entanglement entropy) in proton-proton collisions.
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Fellow of the American Physical Society
- Edward Bouchet Award - American Physical Society;
- Elmer Imes Award for Outstanding Research - Nat. Soc, of Black Phys;
- US ATLAS Distinguished Researcher - United States ATLAS;
- Distinguished Speaker at five universities (HBCUs) and Organizations;
- Arkansas Black Hall of Fame Inductee
1. O.K. Baker and D.E. Kharzeev, “Thermal radiation and entanglement in proton-proton collisions at the LHC: arXiv:1712.04588 [hep-ph] (2017); published in Phys. Rev. D (2018).
2. G. Aad,…„ O.K. Baker, … The ATLAS Collaboration, “Measurement of inclusive and differential cross sections in the H→ZZ*→4l decay channel in pp collisions at √s = 13 TeV with the ATLAS detector”, JHEP 2017, 132 (2017) (Baker group major contribution; useful for entanglement entropy and thermal radiation studies).
3. G. Aad,…,O.K.Baker,… The ATLAS Collaboration,”Measurement of the Higgs boson coupling properties in the H→ZZ*→4l decay channel at √s = 13 TeV with the ATLAS detector” JHEP 03, 095 (2018) (Baker group major contribution; useful for entanglement entropy and thermal radiation studies).
4. G. Aad,…„ O.K. Baker, … The ATLAS Collaboration, Search for new light gauge bosons in Higgs boson decays to four-lepton final states in pp collisions at 8 TeV with the ATLAS detector, Phys. Rev. D 92, 092001 (2015) (Baker group co-led this Dark Sector search study)