May 29, 2020
2020-21 Academic Calendar (revised)
Aug 24, 2020 - Aug 28, 2020
Move-in, if in residence
Aug 31, 2020
Nov 21, 2020 - Nov 29, 2020
Nov 30, 2020 - Dec 4, 2020
Last week of classes online
Dec 7, 2020 - Dec 10, 2020
Online reading period
Dec 11, 2020 - Dec 18, 2020
Online final exam period
May 28, 2020
SEAS & Science Safety Committees
SEAS Safety Committee
Fahmeed Hyder, Sohrab Ismail-Beigi, Corey O’Hern, Mark Reed, Brian Scassellati, Vince Wilczynski, Julie Zimmerman
Science Safety Committee
Jay Ague, Ron Breaker, Casey Dunn, Don Engelman, Larry Gladney, Scott Miller, Wilhelm Schlag, Pieter von Dokkum
These committees will be reviewing Phase 1 research proposals and providing recommendations to the FAS Dean of Science. They will help ensure that we hold our research community to a consistently high standard of safety across disciplines. In addition to your department chair, these safety officers will serve as a point of contact for any concerns or suggestions for improvement you may have within your department.
May 26, 2020
New campus COVID resource line
Here is the new Campus COVID Resource Line: 203-432-6604, toll free 866-924-9253, which is staffed by Advanced Practice Nursing Students 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is the one stop shop if there is a COVID health concern by staff/trainees/faculty.
May 21, 2020
Resources for Phase 1 Research Reactivation
· University Hotline (for reporting violations)
There will be a call center opening in the coming week that will be a single number to address both possible COVID-19- symptomatic and positive individuals. We will advise you on this procedure when it is ready.
This is the current protocol to report COVID-19 positive cases:
- If the person has symptoms, but has not been tested, have them contact employee health (203-432-7978). They will advise on testing and provide information on next steps.
- If someone who is COVID-19 positive has been in your workspace or laboratory, immediately contact your Human Resource Generalist (HRG). Your HRG will ensure that public health authorities will implement measures to trace contacts, etc. Your HRG can also answer any questions about minimizing transmission of COVID-19 to other workplace occupants. In addition, immediately contact Facilities (203-432-6888) and EHS (203-785-3550) to implement enhanced cleaning. A restricted access sign (last page of this pdf link) should be placed on the door of the area that requires cleaning. This is the same for non-lab areas.
May 18, 2020
Instructions for Faculty for Phase 1 Research Reactivation
- Helpful Information for Review Before Return to Campus
- How to Apply for Permission to Return to Campus (including Integrator link)
- Please note that you must be on the Yale network to access EHS Integrator. If you are not on the Yale network or Yale Secure wi-fi, you must first begin a VPN secure connection (via Cisco Any Connect).
- Current Status of Campus Operations
- Contacts for help (including how to report COVID-19 positive person in your lab)
May 13, 2020
Message from Karsten Heeger, Physics Department Chair
Jeff Ashenfelter and Frank Lopez for WL.